How do I get a job in any of the European countries Work permit - kippee

How do I get a job in any of the European countries

16. Aug 2018
How do I get a job in any of the European countries
If you are from India and want to work in a EU country, you will most likely need a work permit as well as a visa.


3 .Types of Schengen Visas

 1. Uniform Schengen Visa (USV)

 2. Limited Territorial Validity Visa (LTV)

3. National Visa


1. Uniform Schengen Visas (USV)

The Uniform Schengen Visa stands for a permit of one of the Schengen Area Member Countries to transit or reside in the desired territory for a certain period of time up to the maximum of 90 days every six month period starting from the date of entry.


According to the purpose of traveling the Uniform Schengen Visa applies to all of the two categories, “A” and “C”.

  • “A” category stands for the Airport Transit Visa which allows its holder to travel through the international zone of the Schengen Country Airport without entering the Schengen Country Area. Airport transit visa is mandatory for the citizens travelling from one non-Schengen state to another non-Schengen state through a change of flights in a Schengen Country airport.
  • “C” category stands for a Short-term visa which allows its holder to reside in a Schengen Country (Schengen Area) for a certain period of time depending on the visa validity. This particular category, according to the holder’s purpose of the travel can be obtained in a form of:
    • 1. Single entry visa
    •     2. Multiple-entry visa.

1. Single entry visa 

allows you to enter Schengen zone only once.An entry refers to, your first time entering the Schengen zone from any of the 26 Schengen states, after that you’re free to travel anywhere in the Schengen zone and no matter how many more Schengen countries you visit, your passport doesn’t get stamped anymore. But, once you exit the zone to travel to any non- Schengen country, you have entirely used your one entry and you can not get into Schengen zone without obtaining a new visa.

2. Multiple-entry visa

allows you to enter multiple times.With a multiple entry visa you will be able to enter and exit as many times as you want within your visa validity period

2. Limited Territorial Validity Visas (LTV)

Travellers who have obtained this type of visa are allowed to travel or commute solely within the Schengen country or countries from which they have received the visa. Travel is not permitted to any other Schengen country other than those previously specified at the time of visa application

3. National Visas

These types of Schengen visas are granted to travellers who come under Category. Individuals who wish to study, work or take up permanent residence in any Schengen state can apply for this type of visa. National visas can be either single entry or multi-entry visas, depending on the purpose of the applicants travel to the Schengen area.

So, how do you get one?

You can’t is the simple answer. If, and only if, you fall into certain categories defined by the country you want to work in, the company recruiting you can request a work permit. You generally can not apply for a work permit yourself.

Companies will have to prove to their respective governments that they can not find anyone within the European Union who fulfils the requirements for the job. Only when the government agrees they might issue a work permit.
Given that in some EU countries the unemployment levels are above 50%, it seems unlikely companies could not find anyone in the EU to fill the job. This might be true for 99.99% of all jobs advertised, there are still some highly specialized jobs for which EU governments will hand out work permits.

In order to find out if you qualify, visit the work permit section of the official government site of the country you want to work in. Don’t use any of the consultancy services that claim they can get you into the EU, as long as you pay. These tend to only charge you and won’t get you anywhere.

Here are some links for EU government sites where you can find out more:
UK: Check if you need a UK visa

Germany: Visa regulations

France: Foreign nationals holding ordinary passports exempt from visa requirements

Netherlands : Page on

Belgium: Travel to Belgium


Portugal: Portal SEF

Switzerland (Not in the EU!):

Austria: How to Apply for a Visa

Italy: Ministero degli Affari Esteri

Poland: Work permit for foreigner's work in Poland



Seller's picture Ranjan
Ranjan on 8. Jan 2020
Your article is very informative and has a lot of information. I really like your effort, keep posting.

Instant <a href="">Clipping Path Services</a> | Get <a href="">Clipping Path Services </a>In 30 Minutes.
That was Effective info, Especially I would know more about Airport Transit Visa "A"

Add new comment

You must be logged in to add new comment
Lately commented
Hi, Your article is very informative and has a lot of inform...
How do I get a job in any of t...
That was Effective info, Especially I would know more about ...
How do I get a job in any of t...